Have you tried making your own venison corned beef? It's easy and delicious!
- 1 3 to 5 lbs venison roast
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Original Jerky Cure
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Original Jerky Seasoning
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup pickling salt
- 1/4 cup pickling spice
- Trim any fat or sliver skin off the venison roast.
- Combine all ingredients, except the venison, in a large pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place venison in a non-metallic container and cover the venison with the cooled brine.
- Refrigerate 5-7 days.
- Remove the venison from brine and rinse under cold water.
- Add the rinsed venison to a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3-4 hours or until the venison is very tender.
- Let the venison corned beef rest for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy!