Have you tried making your own wild turkey pastrami? It's easy and delicious.
- 2 to 3 lbs wild turkey breast
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix
- 2 tbsp Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- Mix one pouch of Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix with 3 1/2 quarts of water. Add the wild turkey to the brine and refrigerate for 7 days.
- After refrigerating for 7 days, remove the wild turkey from the brine and rinse throughly. Soak the wild turkey in a water bath for two hours, changing the water once during this process. Remove the wild turkey from the water bath and dry with paper towel.
- Place the wild turkey on a rack to air dry for one hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Rub and coriander together. Liberally cover all sides of the wild turkey with this mixture.
- Set the smoker/pellet grill to 200 degrees F and place the wild turkey in the smoker. Once the internal temperature of the wild turkey reaches 165 degrees F remove from smoker.
- Place the wild turkey on a large piece of tin foil. Pour the beef stock on top of the wild turkey and seal the foil tightly around the wild turkey.
- Place the wild turkey back into the smoker and steam another 30 minutes.
- Remove foil-wrapped wild turkey from smoker and carefully take the roast out of the foil.
- Let the wild turkey pastrami rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal cooking temperature has reached 165 degrees F.