Venison Snackin’ Sticks are delicious and make a great snack to take out hunting and fishing.
It’s important to keep the venison and pork very cold while cutting, mixing and grinding.
Makes 3 lbs of Snackin' Sticks
- 2 1/2 lb. Venison
- 1/2 lb. Pork Shoulder
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Snackin’ Stick Kit
- Cut the venison and pork into 1 inch cubes. Grind the 1 inch cubes of venison and pork.
- Transfer the ground meat into a non-metallic bowl and mix 1 Tbsp plus 1-1/2 Tsp Hi Mountain Snackin’ Stick Seasoning and 2 Tbsp of the Cure. Mix well for about 5 minutes or until the seasoning and cure coats all the ground meat.
- Switch the grinding blade in your grinder to the stuffing blade and insert the case stuffing tube. Spray the outside of the stuffing tube with a non stick cooking spray. Slide on as much casing that will fit onto the tube. Cut off the casing extends beyond the tube with a scissor. Pull 2 -3 inches of the cut end of casing and tie off the end.
- Begin stuffing the casing and take your time. now. Don’t try to over stuff and avoid creating air pockets in the casing. Once the casing is completely stuffed, check for air pockets and carefully poke the casing with a small pin to release the air.
- Cure the stuffed casing your refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove the snack sticks from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Cut the casing into 6 inch sticks.
- You can cook all the Snackin’ Sticks in a smoker, oven or air fryer oven preheated to 200 degrees. Place the Snackin’ Sticks on the racks to cook.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the center of the Snackin’ Sticks reach 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to check to be safe. It should take around 2 hours to cook.
Please Note: If you are using a smoker, be careful not to over-smoke the Snackin’ Sticks because it will result in a bitter flavor.