Something delicious to try with a venison shoulder roast.
- 1 bone-in venison shoulder roast
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Gourmet Fish Brine
- Hi Mountain Venison Rub
- Prepare the Hi Mountain Gourmet Fish Brine and add the venison shoulder roast to the brine. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- After refrigerating the venison roast in brine for 24 hours, remove the roast, rinse in cold water. Soak the roast in water for 1 hour, changing the water once.
- Pat dry the roast with paper towels and air dry on a cutting board for 1 hour.
- Liberally cover all sides of the roast with Hi Mountain Venison Rub.
- Set a pellet grill or smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Set the roast in a pellet grill or smoker and cook the roast for about 2 hours, until it reaches the internal temperature of 124 degrees F.
- Remove the roast from the smoker and let it rest on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.