The secret to a fantastic smoked wild game roast is to brine it before smoking, removing it from the heat once it reaches the desired internal temperature and resting it before slicing.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 to 3 lb Venison Roast
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Brown Sugar Brine Kit
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Venison Rub
- Olive Oil
- Prepare the Brown Sugar Brine and add the venison roast to the brine. Refrigerate 24 to 30 hours.
- After refrigerating the venison roast in brine for 24 to 30 hours, remove the roast and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Apply a light coating of olive oil to all sides of the roast.
- Liberally cover all sides of the roast with Venison Rub.
- Set a pellet grill or smoker to 180 degrees F.
- Set the roast in the pellet grill or smoker and cook the roast until it reaches the internal temperature of 127 degrees F.
- Remove the roast from the smoker and let it rest on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.