Makes 4 Servings
- 4 large Russet potatoes, washed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stick salted butter at room temperature
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons Hi Mountain Creamy Chipotle Dip Mix, dry seasoning-not prepared mix
- 1 teaspoon Hi Mountain Trail Dust Western Style Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce potatoes with a knife several times. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and place them on a large cookie sheet. Bake the potatoes for one hour, or until done.
- Slice the butter into pieces and put in a large mixing bowl. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Lower the heat to 350 degrees F.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin rim of potato for support. Put the flesh in the bowl with the butter, and put the potato shells on a baking sheet.
- Smash the potatoflesh into the butter. Then add milk, 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese, the Hi Mountain Creamy Chipotle Dip Mix, Trail Dust Seasoning and salt, and finish smashing to desired consistency.
- Add the bacon and half of the sliced green onion and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into the potato shells and top with the remaining cheese.
- Return potatoes to the oven for 15 minutes. Garnish with remaining green onion and serve.