Makes 4 servings
- 6 breakfast links made with Country Maple Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
- ½ cup each: chopped onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper
- 4-5 large eggs
- 2 cups thawed hash browns, or 2 cups boiled potatoes that have been diced
- 1 teaspoon Hi Mountain Trail Dust Western Style Seasoning
- Olive oil
- In a large, cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until done. Transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and then chop the sausage into bite-sized pieces. Leave the grease from the sausage in the pan.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and cook until slightly browned. You may need to add a little olive oil if the sausage was lean. While the potatoes remain in the pan, add the vegetables and cook. Stir occasionally, until peppers are just tender but still a little crisp; about 10 minutes.
- Add the sausage back into the pan and gently mix the ingredients. Season with Hi Mountain Trail Dust Seasoning. Turn the heat to low.
- Crack the eggs on top of the sausage and vegetable mixture, trying not to break the yolks. Put a lid on the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes for slightly runny yolks. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer if you like solid egg yolks.