Makes 4-6 servings
- 3 to 4 pound pork or venison tenderloin
- Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped (or, substitute 12 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained well)
- 1/4 cup prepared Hi Mountain Sun Dried Tomato Dip Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 leaves basil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pieces of butcher’s twine, cut into 8 inch strips
- Place the basil, salt, garlic and balsamic vinegar into a food processor. Turn the processor on and slowly add one Tablespoon olive oil until blended. Put this mixture into a bowl and fold in the chopped spinach to complete the filling.
- Butterfly the loin and spread the Sun Dried Tomato Dip Mix on the meat. Press the filling onto the pork loin and roll. Tie 5-6 strings of the butcher’s twine around the loin to hold the filling in and to hold the rolled shape. Season the rolled loin with Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub.
- Heat a large, oven-proof skillet with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and brown all sides of the loin. Add 2 cups of vegetable stock to the skillet, cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While the pork is resting, simmer the drippings in the skillet to make a reduction sauce to drizzle over the pork.