Makes 4 - 5 Servings
- 2 pound bison flank steak
- 3 Tablespoons Hi Mountain Sriracha Pineapple Bacon Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- Combine dry seasonings.
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels before rubbing all sides with 2 tablespoons of oil. Then, rub with the dry seasoning mixture.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on high heat for several minutes or just until smoking point. Add remaining oil, then add the steak.
- Sear each side for 1 minute. Flip again and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes and repeat with other side of the steak.
- Remove the steak to a plate to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut the steak into thin slices (about 1/4 inch) against the grain.
Warm Pearl Cous Cous Salad
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Hi Mountain Zesty Western Gourmet Burger Seasoning
- 1 10-ounce box pearl couscous (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup fresh pears, diced small (Concord or Bosc would be best but any pear, including canned will do)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, torn or sliced into pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Bring vegetable broth, butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium pot. Follow the cooking instructions on the couscous box. When done, use a fork to fluff the couscous to avoid clumping.
- Whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and Zesty Western Gourmet Burger Seasoning. Add about 3/4 of the vinaigrette mixture to the couscous and combine. Taste before adding the rest of the vinaigrette.
- Stir in the scallions, spinach, diced pears and sliced almonds. Salt to taste and serve immediately.