Here's a great new way to cook your limit.
- 20 plus dove breasts, with the bone in
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird Brine
- 1 brine bag
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Trail Dust
- Olive oil
- 6 tbs butter
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- Mix the Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird Brine with one gallon of ice water in a brine bag or a non-porous container.
- Add the cleaned dove breasts to the brine. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- After refrigerating the dove breasts in brine for 24 hours, remove and rinse in cold water. Soak the dove breasts in water for 90 minutes, changing the water once.
- Air dry the dove breasts on a oven rack for one hour.
- While the dove breasts are drying, set your smoker or pellet grill to 225 degrees F.
- Lightly coat the dove breasts with olive oil and cover with a generous amount of Hi Mountain Seasonings Trail Dust.
- Transfer oven rack with the dove breasts to the smoker or grill.
- Melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir until the brown sugar is completely dissolved. Keep the glaze warm until ready to use.
- After cooking for one hour, baste each dove breast with the glaze.
- Cook for an additional hour or until the dove breasts reach the internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove and serve.