Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound prepared Hi Mountain Chorizo Blend Breakfast Sausage, uncooked (If you have made links, slice 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick and pull off loose casings or use ground chorizo).
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes, sliced about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small onion diced (optional)
- Hi Mountain Trail Dust Western Style Seasoning to taste
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (or cilantro) for garnish
- 4 poached or fried eggs
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook onions until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add chorizo and cook until it just begins to brown and release oil, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in potatoes, season with Trail Dust Seasoning and paprika, and cover skillet. Cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Just before the potatoes and chorizo are done, prepare eggs to your liking and keep warm.
- Spoon the chorizo and potatoes into 4 large bowls, and top with one egg (or two if you are really hungry). Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and serve.