Deboning and brining the wild turkey allows the white and dark meat cook at the same time. The three different marinades makes this a real crowd-pleaser for family and friends.
- 1 wild turkey
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Seasonings Soy Ginger Marinade
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Seasonings Sweet Honey Marinade
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Seasonings Buffalo Wing Marinade
- Debone the wild turkey breast and thighs.
- Mix one pouch of Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird and Poultry Brine with 1 gallon of water in a non-metallic bowl.
- Add 6 cups of ice to the brine.
- Add the deboned turkey breasts and thighs breast side down.
- Refrigerate the wild turkey and brine for 24 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the brining bag, rise under cold, running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Trim off any silver skin from the turkey.
- Cut the turkey into pieces 4 to 5 inches long and 1 1/2 to 2” thick. Separate meat into three piles, each pile will be coated with a different flavored marinade.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Mix the marinades by following the directions included in each marinade kit.
- Coat each pile of turkey with one of the marinades on all sides.
- Grill the turkey, turning at least once, until it reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
A meat thermometer is an essential tool for this recipe.