Makes 4 servings
- 2 Venison Hearts
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Venison Rub
- Olive oil
- Cut the tops off the each heart to remove the cartilage. Then, with a sharp knife, slice off a thin layer of the outer membrane from each heart. Slice the hearts open like a hinged book. This will allow you to lay the hearts flat on the grill. Clean out the inside of the hearts.
- Coat the hearts with olive oil and apply a liberal amount of Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub on the first heart and apply a liberal amount of Hi Mountain Venison Rub on the second heart. Marinate in the refrigerator for a couple hours before cooking. Using both rubs will allow you to serve two equally delicious heart recipes.
- While your grill is heating up take the hearts out of the refrigerator and let them sit to get closer to room temperature before grilling.
- Once your grill is hot place the heart steaks on the grill and cook until the internal temperature of the hearts reaches 130 degrees. Turn them over once while grilling. Once they reach the temperature remove from the grill and let rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving.