Hi Mountain Fish Sticks are easy to make. Be sure to try the dipping sauces.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless white fish filets, cut into 4” sticks
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Cooking oil
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Wild River Trout Brine
- Prepare Hi Mountain Seasonings Wild River Trout Brine according to package directions. Brine the sticks for 90 minutes.
- While the sticks are brining prepare the 3 dip recipes below and chill.
- Once brining is complete, rinse off the sticks in cold water. Soak again in a water bath for 30 minutes. Pat dry and prepare for frying.
- Beat the egg with milk.
- Coat sticks with flour, dip in the egg/milk mixture and then the bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Savory Fish Stick Dip
Mix 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with 1/2 teaspoon Hi Mountain Seasonings Wild River Trout Seasoning
Sweet and Peppery Fish Stick Dip
Mix 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with 1/2 teaspoon Hi Mountain Seasonings Black Pepper Brown Sugar Bacon Seasoning
Spicy Fish Stick Dip
Mix 1 tablespoon mayonnaise with 1/4 teaspoon Hi Mountain Seasonings Pineapple Sriracha Bacon Seasoning
Why Brine Fish?
The reason to brine your fish is to add additional flavor and moisture to the fish filets. This will help keep the filets moist during the cooking. There is an additional benefit to brining, especially if you use with frozen filets. Some frozen fish will develop a strong fish smell after defrosting. Brining removes that fish smell.