- 2 wild goose breasts
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix
- 2 tbs Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 4 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp of Hi Mountain Black Pepper & Brown Sugar Bacon Seasoning
- Trim any fat or sliver skin off the wild goose breast
- Mix one pouch of Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix with 3 1/2 quarts of water. Add the goose to the brine and refrigerate for 5 days.
- After the 5 days of brining is compete, remove the goose breast from the brine and rinse throughly.
- Soak the goose breast in a water bath for two hours, changing the water once during this process.
- Remove the goose from the water bath and pat dry with paper towel. Air dry the goose breast on a rack for one hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub and coriander. Liberally cover all sides of the meat with this mixture.
- Set the smoker/pellet grill to 200 degrees F and place the goose in the smoker. Cook until the internal temperature of the goose reaches 150 degrees F.
- Place the goose on a large piece of tin foil. Pour the beef stock on top of the goose and seal the foil tightly around the meat.
- Place the goose back into the smoker and steam another 30 minutes.
- While the goose is steaming, mix the mayonnaise and Hi Mountain Black Pepper & Brown Sugar Bacon Seasoning and refrigerate.
- Remove foil-wrapped goose from smoker and carefully take the meat out of the foil.
- Rest the goose for 20 minutes before slicing and serving with the Black Pepper & Brown Sugar Dip.
Note: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal cooking temperature has reached 150F.