Ever had bear Pastrami? You won't believe how good it is!
- 3 lb bear roast
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix
- 2 1/4 tbsp Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- Trim any fat or silver skin off the bear roast.
- Mix one pouch of Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix with 3 1/2 quarts of water.
- Add the bear roast to the brine and refrigerate for 7 days.
- After 7 days, remove the bear roast from the brine and rinse thoroughly. Soak the bear roast in a water bath for two hours, changing the water once during this process. Remove the bear roast from the water bath and pat dry.
- Place the venison roast on a rack to air dry for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Rub, coriander, brown sugar, mustard seed together. Liberally cover all sides of the roast with this mixture.
- Set the smoker/pellet grill to 200 degrees F and place the roast in the smoker. Once the internal temperature of the roast reaches 165 degrees F remove from smoker.
- Place the roast on a large piece of foil. Pour the beef stock on top of the roast and seal the foil tightly around the roast.
- Place the roast back into the smoker and steam another 30 minutes.
- Remove foil-wrapped bear roast from smoker and carefully remove the foil.
- Let the bear pastrami rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal cooking temperature has reached 165F.