- 8 hot dogs
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 8 hot dog buns or hoagie rolls
- 8 strips of bacon
- hot dog spread
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- Hi Mountain Black Pepper Brown Sugar Bacon Seasoning
- Caramelize the sliced onion is a cast iron skillet with butter. Set aside.
- Prepare the hot dog spread and set aside. See recipe below.
- Place the bacon in a skillet on medium high heat, add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. When the water evaporates remove the bacon and use paper towels to pat dry. The bacon will be partially cooked and soft. Sprinkle with Hi Mountain Bacon Seasoning on both sides and wrap one piece of bacon around each hot dog. Secure the bacon to the hot dogs with toothpicks at each end if needed. Remember to remove before serving!
- Cook the hot dogs on a medium hot grill until the bacon is done and the hot dogs are warmed through. Sprinkle more bacon seasoning while grilling if desired.
- Build your delicious gourmet hot dog by spreading the hot dog spread on each bun, adding a hot dog and topping with equal amounts of carmalized onion and jalapeños.
Hi Mountain Hot Dog Spread
Start with eight Tablespoons of prepared Hi Mountain Ranch Dressing. Add one 1/2 Tablespoon of Hi Mountain Cajun Cowboy Western Style Seasoning, and 1/2 Tablespoon of dijon mustard. Mix well.