- 1 3 to 5 lbs venison roast
- 1 packet Hi Mountain Brown Sugar Brine
- Hi Mountain Rib Rub
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Mix the Hi Mountain Brown Sugar Brine in a non-metallic container or brine bag, following the instructions included in the brine kit.
- Place the venison roast in the brine and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- After the brining is complete, rinse off all the brine from the roast.
- Fill a container with enough cold water to cover the roast. Soak the roast in the water bath for 30 minutes. Replace water with fresh, cold water and soak the roast for an additional 30 minutes.
- Dry the roast with paper towels and place the roast on a rack to dry for 30 minutes.
- While the roast is drying, heat the honey and brown sugar in a small sauce pan on low. Stir until it thickens and keep warm until ready to glaze the roast.
- Liberally coat the roast with Hi Mountain Rib Rub making sure to cover all the sides.
- Place the roast on a preheated grill and cook until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 129 degrees.
- During the grilling process, glaze the roast twice with the honey & brown sugar mixture.
- Once the roast the internal temperature of the roast reaches 129 degrees, place on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.