- 1 bear back strap
- 12 oz coffee flavored beer
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Rib Rub
- fresh-ground coffee
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Trim any fat from the back strap, place in a nonporous container and add the coffee flavored beer. Marinate for a couple hours. Remove and pat dry with paper towel.
- Apply salt, a liberal amount of Hi Mountain Seasonings Rib Rub and the ground coffee on all sides of the roast. Place the bear back strap in a nonporous container and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temp 60 minutes.
- Preheat smoker of pellet grill to 250 degrees.
- Place the bear back strap in the smoker/pellet grill.
- During the smoking process glaze the roast with some maple syrup on both sides of the roast.
- Smoke the bear back strap until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 160 degrees.