Makes 6 servings
- 8 ounces pork sausage made with Hi Mountain Original Mountain Man Blend Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
- 1 pastry pie shell
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub
- Prepare pastry according to package and set aside.
- Crumble sausage in a medium skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
- Thaw spinach, drain well. Remove remaining moisture by pressing spinach between layers of paper towels. Add spinach to sausage mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in the pastry shell. Top with sausage mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, Garlic Pepper Rub and salt; mix well. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Photo courtesy of National Pork Board.