* 2 lbs. of one or more of the following (chicken breast, pork, beef,
deer, elk, antelope) cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
* 1 tsp. Western Sizzle Steak
* 1 tsp. Western Sizzle Trail Dust
* 1 tsp. Western Sizzle Cajun Cowboy or Cajun Bacon Sprinkles
* 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
* 1 large red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
* 2 large green peppers, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
* 10-15 cherry tomatoes
* 10-15 mushrooms
* 1 can pineapple chunks
Mix all of the 3 Western Sizzle seasonings together in a small bowl. In
a large bowl add cubed meat, veggies, pineapple. Pour Worcestershire sauce
and soy sauce over the top and add 1/4 c. of the reserved pineapple juice.
Sprinkle with Hi Mountain Seasonings, mix well together. Alternate the
meat, veggies, and pineapple on skewers. Place in grill basket and grill
to your desire. Serve with a side salad using Hi Mountain Bleu Cheese Dressing
and white rice sprinkled with Western Sizzle Gourmet Fish Seasoning.
* 4 large pork chops
* Hi Mountain Steak Seasoning
* Hi Mountain Trail Dust
Season the chops and grill them approximately 5 minutes on each side. Serve
with Grilled Potato Spears.
STYLE ROAST * 3 pounds boneless beef or venison, rump roast
* Western Sizzle Seasoning (Steak, Deer, or Elk)
* 4 slices bacon, chopped coarsely
* 2 onions, chopped coarsely
* 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) peeled tomatoes, undrained
* 1/2 c. dry red wine or beef broth
* 1/4 c. sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
* 3 T. drained capers
Sprinkle roast liberally on all sides with Western Sizzle Seasoning. Place in
a glass baking dish; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2-4 hours. In Dutch
oven, fry bacon until just crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; set aside.
Brown roast very well on all sides in drippings. Remove roast; set aside. Add
onions to bacon drippings; cook over medium heat until tender-crisp. Add bacon
pieces and remaining ingredients to Dutch oven; stir to blend. Return roast to
Dutch oven. Cover and cook in 350 F oven until done, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Serve juices with sliced meat.
Makes 6-8 servings.
* 1 1/2 pounds beef or venison stew meat cut into 1" chunks
* 1 T. olive or vegetable oil
* 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
* 1/4 c. jalapeno jelly
* 1/4 c. prepared salsa
* 1/2 c. beef broth
* 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) whole hominy, drained and rinsed
* 1 1/2 t. Western Sizzle Seasoning (Steak, Deer, or Elk)
* 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
Brown half of meat in oil over medium heat. Transfer browned meat to a mixing
bowl with slotted spoon and brown remaining meat. Return all meat to Dutch oven;
add remaining ingredients, except cornmeal. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce
heat to simmer. Simmer until meat is tender, 2-2 1/2 hours. Stir in cornmeal,
simmer uncovered for 90 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
* 2 skin on baking potatoes, about 2 pounds each
* 1 t. Western Sizzle Seasoning (Steak, Deer, or Elk)
* 1/2 c. olive oil
* 2 t. Dijon mustard
* 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
Pierce potatoes all over with fork. Microwave for 6 minutes on high until
almost tender. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut each
half lengthwise to yield 4 spears from each potato. Blend remaining ingredients
in small bowl. Pour over potatoes in baking dish or zip-top plastic bag.
Let stand for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally. Place on grill over
the edge of hot coals; cover grill to prevent flare-ups. Grill until
brown and crispy, turning occasionally and dipping in left over marinade,
15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS
* 1 tbsp. Fresh garlic
* 8-10 large button mushrooms
* 1 1/2 stick butter
* 1 1/2 bunches of green onions
* 2 c. fresh cooked crab meat
* 1/2 tsp. Each of
Fresh black pepper
Hi Mountain Cajun Bacon Sprinkles
Hi Mountain Western Sizzle Steak Seasoning
Sautee crab meat, onion, garlic and 1/2 the butter. Add
spices and set aside.
Remove stems from mushrooms and clean mushrooms with a brush. (Don't
use water). Melt remaining butter, roll each mushroom in butter and set
on plate. Stuff each mushroom full of ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan
Cheese. Cook in microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes just before serving.
GRILLED STEAKS WITH WORCESTERSHIRE - CHIVE SAUCE
* 1 tbsp. Olive oil
* 1/4 c. chopped shallots
* 1 tsp. Garlic, finely chopped
* 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tbsp. Dry mustard
* 1 tsp. Hi Mountain Steak Seasoning
* 3 tbsp. Chives, finely chopped
* salt and fresh ground pepper
In medium skillet, heat oil and add shallots and garlic; cook until soft,
let cool slightly. Place butter in a small bowl; add shallot mixture
and remaining ingredients, mix until well blended. Place mixture onto
piece of waxed paper, roll into a log and refrigerate.
* 2 c. coarsely ground peppercorns
* 3 tbsp. Hi Mountain Cajun Cowboy
* 8 T-bone steaks
* Olive oil
Preheat grill. Mix peppercorns and Cajun Cowboy in a medium baking
dish. Brush steaks with olive oil and lay one side only into the
Place pepper side down and grill until golden brown (5 or 6 minutes).
Turn and continue to cook until done (6 to 7 minutes for medium rare).
Place on serving plate and top with a slice of the Worcestershire-Chive
STEAK & SUMMER SQUASH SALAD
cup olive oil
* 5 T. fresh lemon juice
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 T. Hi Mountain Western Sizzle Steak Seasoning
* 1 lb. thin flank steak
* 2 summer squash, cut lengthwise into ? inch thick slices
* 8 cups bite size pieces fresh spinach leaves
* 2 medium tomatoes, cut into equal wedges
Whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic and the Western Sizzle Steak Seasoning.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the steak and squash in a
large zip-top bag and pour half of the vinaigrette over. Close the bag
and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Prepare the barbecue. Place steak and squash in grill basket and cook
until steak is medium-rare and squash is tender, about 3-4 minutes per
side. Remove squash from the grill. Transfer steak to cutting board and
thinly slice across the grain. Divide spinach between 4 plates. Arrange
steak in center of plate. Drizzle with accumulated juices. Place squash
and tomato wedges attractively on plate. Drizzle squash and tomato with
remaining vinaigrette and serve.
Yields 4 servings